As the Ontario Critic for Technology Development and Innovation, I have been having conversations with various entrepreneurs, local start-ups and IT professionals to learn how the Provincial Government can improve the climate for technology and innovation in Ontario.
TechTalk 1: Divergence
- In the future, will your therapist send you home with a portable EEG? Can modifying your brainwaves improve your mental health? Divergence is working on it.
TechTalk 2: Vaccine Finder App
- Want to know where to get vaccinated?
Just ask the app Ashish and Zain created - they did in three hours what the Ontario government couldn't do in a year.
TechTalk 3: Hypha Worker Co-operative
- Tech workers - Would you want to work in a start-up where decisions are made democratically and everyone has an equal ownership share?
Maybe a worker co-op is the right place for you.
TechTalk 4: Research and Innovation at York University
- Wheelchairs controlled with eye movement? Wigs designed by artificial intelligence? Join me for this discussion with representatives from York University's Research and Innovation Centre.
TechTalk 5: Tech Masters
- From startup to enterprise, Ahmad Nassri discusses how he navigated the world of tech as a newcomer to Canada and making Ontario a global tech leader.
- In this episode, I speak to a grade 9 student who has used seismic data to measure the effectiveness of lockdowns.
TechTalk 7: QR Codes for Contact Tracing
- Could this app prevent the next pandemic and even the seasonal flu? Enjoy this interview with Chris Gale and special guest host Dini Petty.
TechTalk 8: Toronto Global
- Can cold calls attract tech companies? Stephen Lund from Toronto Global promotes growth in Ontario's tech ecosystem.
TechTalk 9: Saving Lives with Sound
- Can changing the sounds of medical alarms actually save lives? I sit down with Professor Michael Schutz from McMaster University.