Small Business Forums & Programs
TIAO Accepting Registrations for Tourism Workforce Sustainability Program
The Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) is now accepting registrations for the Tourism Workforce Sustainability Program. Employers who register for the program receive resources to help expand, diversify and retain their workforce, including support to offer the Ontario Living Wage to new, eligible employees. In the Greater Toronto Area, the Ontario Living Wage is $23.15. This amount will be recalculated in November 2023.
The program also supports new tourism employees to map out long-term careers in tourism and will offer a new mentorship program to help them thrive in the industry. Register here.
Small Business Forum to Support Local Businesses Oct 30
The City of Toronto will host a Small Business Forum on Monday, October 30 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. This free, full-day, in-person event supports Toronto small businesses by providing them with access to information, connections and resources to build and grow their enterprises. Register here.
The Forum will focus on the theme “Future-Proofing Businesses through Innovation & Sustainability” and will feature leading entrepreneurs as keynote speakers, panel discussions on trends facing small businesses, concurrent programming sessions and a trade show area. The Forum will also provide information about government resources and links to small business experts, product providers and other tools and services to assist small business.
Commercial Rent Roundtable for Business Owners
Organized by Better Way Alliance, this new monthly Commercial Rent Roundtable is an evening of connections and discussion focused on commercial rent reforms in Ontario. Connect with other business owners experiencing rent issues and who want to pursue reforms that can help address their issues. Register here.
Small Business Resources
Here’s a listing of City of Toronto resources and programs to help support businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- City of Toronto Small Business Resources
- BusinessTO Support Centre: one-on-one virtual support for businesses
- Free webinars offered by Enterprise Toronto: year-round learning opportunities for entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Digital Transformation Resources: help accessing and adopting digital tools, technologies and services
- BusinessTO News: weekly newsletter with resources and supports to help businesses mitigate the impacts of COVID-19
- Reopening guides and information on financial relief and support programs